Our minds are incredibly wired - so complex, so wonderfully made!
And because life's bigger on the inside, the Itchy Soul Playground is here to help you explore who you really are with God. Youier!
When you allow yourself to be who He made you to be, with Him, in all aspects of your life, that's when you can really thrive.
"I seriously would not be as far along as I am now in many of my life and business goals if not for this group and El's faithful and encouraging leadership. In fact, I'd venture to say that I'd either be only slightly along or not even started. The value of this group is incalculable to me."Donna Maukonen
"God made everything. Science is simply the explanation of the everything!"
- Dr. Catherine Leaf
And science is really only just beginning to scratch the surface!
Neuroplasticity. Diagnosing disorders when it might simply be a symptom of diverse cognitive functioning. Not to mention all the amazing happiness tools God gave us first in the bible! (And if all this is brand new to you, you are in for a treat!) But you don't have to play on your own!
God, three in one, instituted, established and demonstrated the real power and need for community.
(Nope, it's never just you and yes, you are seen and known and loved - quite possibly more than you yet know!)
Society wants us to be self-sufficient, independent - but that goes against human nature, against the way we were created by our loving Father to be led by Holy Spirit.
You were made for God to love you. You were made to do life with Him.
Made in God's image, we're hardwired for love in community. It's all about relationship!
I'm El Edwards, happiness writer, mental health champion, Jesus geek and founder of the Itchy Soul Playground.
An irrepressible silver-lining spotter with a compulsion to say the stuff most other people only say in their heads, I'm here to inspire you to create a life that makes you smile more, simply by being Youier, the person God created you to be.
But it doesn't happen by accident, that's why we're going to be Youier By Design - because God knows "now what?" even when you don't.
Ultimately, God's purpose is for you to be you, the person He created you to be. Shining Jesus's love into the world, in relationship with your Creator, fuelled by His love.
The "what" and "how" become less important than the "who"!
But of course God loves details and, made in His image, specificity is important to us too. We don't just sit in the "who".
It's time, God-helping us, to scratch those soul itches. To step up and be the people God created us to be. You in?
With bible-friendly happiness inspiration & training, the Itchy Soul Playground helps you be Youier By Design. We consider who you are, how you should show up in the world and God's personal answer to your "now what?".
It works from where you are right now. No more waiting until you’ve first made a bunch of changes! Starting almost right away, you’ll be happier, more productive and with your faith totally intact.
Those mornings when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed - or someone totally does your head in on social media and you feel yourself slipping into a dark place? The Itchy Soul Playground has you covered. Just hop into our private community and pick one of the quick and easy to action SOS practices.
Or better still, reach out to me or one of the other members, ask for help, for prayer, for a loving ear, because when you're a member of the Itchy Soul Playground you never again have to feel like it's just you. You no longer have to try and do this on your own.
Unlike other “one size fits all” solutions, the daily practices in the Itchy Soul Playground are designed to work with who you are and how you like to show up in the world, honouring your relationship with Jesus instead of trying to pigeonhole you into a faith of someone else’s making.
It’s the first and only online membership community focussed helping you create and live the life God designed for you, supporting and enriching your faith at the same time as looking after your mental health and day to day happiness.
So what do you get when you join?
- DAILY(ISH!) HOLY SPIRIT LOVE NOTES: Whatever Holy Spirit lays on my heart to share with you. Often a bible verse, a little note of encouragement, sometimes a writing prompt. Candidly, these are usually daily but they're Holy Spirit led so from time to time He says, "pause" and I pause. Every 60 days or so these notes are compiled into one neat little ebook, available for you to download as part of your Playground membership. Perfect for those times when you want inspiration on hand to dip into.
- YOUIER GAMES: Every two weeks you'll get access to a new game, aimed at helping you explore who it is God created you to be at the same time as digging into those things that niggle at you, the itch in your soul that calls you to answer the question, "now what?!?" (Because God knows even when you don't!) It's time to get Youier By Design.
- PRIVATE COMMUNITY WHERE YOU CAN SAFELY PRACTICE BEING YOUIER: As soon as you join, you'll be invited into our private community. This is your safe space online where you can be who you are, fully self-expressed, the 'made in the image of God' you. The Itchy Soul Playground is the one place where you can let it all hang out. Got a prayer request? Bring it! Not sure about something? Say it! What's shared in the playground stays in the playground and there are never any stupid questions.
Unlike Christian groups you might have seen, The Itchy Soul Playground is not a place for debating deep theology. You won't find us discussing the relative merits of infant baptism versus adult baptism and if you're looking for somewhere to discuss the 'end times', you've come to the wrong place. In the playground, our focus is on Jesus and love. Everything else we can agree to disagree on and, frankly, I'm not interested in wasting your time (or mine!) in quarrelling over whose theology is more biblically sound.
The Itchy Soul Playground is here to help you thrive in life and in your faith, full to the top with God's love, so you can go out and love on the people around you on His behalf. That's far more important than debating! (And yes, I know, you might not agree, but that's my line in the sand and if you don't like it, that's a clear indication that the Playground is not the place for you. #justsaying)
- ACCESS TO THE EVER-EXPANDING LIBRARY OF RESOURCES: Whether your goal is to write a book, get bolder about asking for the sale or simply to stop doubting yourself, the Itchy Soul Resource Library has something for you. And if something you need isn't there yet? Simply ask and it shall be done. I love creating bespoke training, especially for you!
- MONTHLY DONATION TO OPEN DOORS: Here in the West, we don't have to hide our faith for fear of persecution but the same can't be said of our brothers and sisters in other parts of God's church.
Since Brother Andrew began smuggling bibles into Eastern Europe in 1955, registered charity Open Doors has worked tirelessly to serve persecuted Christians throughout the world.
God has laid it on my heart to support this work financially and, as such, 30% of the profits from the Itchy Soul Playground are donated to Open Doors.
Yes, that's all very nice El but ...
Logically it's kind of crazy, right? Well sure, if this was about me and mine but this is God's Playground and I simply get to be your host.
As such, when God told me to trust Him and offer the Playground with options for every budget, it felt impossible to say "no"!
So, if as you explore this space you feel a tug at your heart to join us, please consider this your invitation to do so at the price that's right for you. Click here to join us. I can't wait to show you around!
Ready to join us?
(I can't wait to show you around!)